Ivy League Youth Sports Academy (ILYSA) is devoted to helping Omaha area middle school girls achieve success in sports while building character and life skills. ILYSA cultivates a fun, engaging environment where athletes improve their sports IQ, competitive strategies, and mental toughness. ILYSA not only focuses on athletic skill development, but also strategies around nutrition, behavior, teamwork, and coach-player relationships. Throughout each session our program will focus on The Ivy/5. These critical principles as described below will be developed in each student-athlete.
1. Highly Skilled
Relentless commitment to excellence and skill building critical for success on the court and in life.
Creating an environment of healthy competition where athletes learn to be mentally and physically resilient.
3. High IQ
Developing high athletic awareness and mental toughness for the game.
“Court Ready” – preparing and equipping athletes to be physically and mentally ready for their sport.
5. The Village
Creating a safe and healthy environment where athletes are supported and encouraged by staff, parents, and the community.
Here’s what we ask of our athletes:
- Give 100% in every practice and competition – NO EXCUSES
- Show RESPECT for yourself, players, and coaches
- ALWAYS use appropriate language and demonstrate a positive attitude
- RESPECT your equipment
- EMBRACE and practice being “court ready”
- Express gratitude ALWAYS
Here’s what we expect from our parents:
- If you commit, follow through; make participation a PRIORITY
- Encourage your athlete to ALWAYS be “Court Ready”
- ATTEND competitions, positively cheer on all athletes and support coaches
- COMMUNICATE concerns appropriately; ALWAYS schedule an appointment to discuss concerns.
Ivy League Youth Sports Academy, in return, will provide a safe and nurturing environment for student-athletes, improve their skill set, increase their confidence, and build life skills for on and off the court!